Best proposals in Molly wood Love, the emotion without which no human being has ever lived with grace on Earth, and films being the most popular art here, has always dealed with this theme, again and again, in all the possible manners, and still exploring the different kind of love stories that can be told, for the sheer popularity the genre enjoys at any point of time. Here, we present before you some of the most celebrated proposals we have even seen in Malayalam cinema since its inception.
1. Nammukk Parkaan Munthirithopukal This on is the king among the kings here, written and directed by a legend like Padmarajan, who has carved out some of the most romantic movies in mollywood, the scene where Solomen conveys his love for sofia through the song of songs from bible is undoubtedly one of the most creative proposal scenes in the history of Indian cinema
2. Vandanam Its Priyadarsan of the vintage 80s and so its totally fun. this scene, where the Mohanlal corners the adorable Ghadha that is filled with a flamboyant performance of Mohanlal, that makes us fall in awe with this proposal.
3. Sanmanasullavarkk Samadhaanam the otherwise rough and tough cop, SI Rajendran who always boasts about various kinds adamant disciplines to be followed in his ‘divine’ profession that including being a bachelor throughout his life, but slips into the exasperation of love and infatuation the moment he sees Meera. Thus, the proposal scene in this movie, where at a park, he opens up to meera about the artist in him beneath his tough facades of a cop, we cant stop adoring and laughing, making this scene one of the most remembered one.
4. Druvam It was a goosebumps in a proposal moment for a movie goer in kerala, when the mighty feudal lord Narasimha mannadiar asks Mythili, the girl in the village who leaves in Mannadiyar’s footsteps her gold belongings and a letter to pay off her father’s debt to him, to be his wife!
5. Thenkashipattanam Dileep and Kavya Madhavan became one among the most celebrated pair in Malayalam cinema through this movie, in which the tricks played out by him to corner the girl, who has been his infatuation from his teen days is celebrated for its humor content and the way in which he assures his love for her each time he sees her. 6. Adhipan This movie solely remembered by movie buffs for the proposal scene in it, where Mohanlal riding a Maruti 800(the BMW of the times), proposes the beautiful Parvati. The background score and the charm in the lead pair’s face makes it a cult among the proposal scenes in Molly wood.
6. Adhipan This movie solely remembered by movie buffs for the proposal scene in it, where Mohanlal riding a Maruti 800(the BMW of the times), proposes the beautiful Parvati. The background score and the charm in the lead pair’s face makes it a cult among the proposal scenes in Molly wood.
7.Annayum Resoolum In this Rajeev Ravi version of Shakespere’s Romeo and Juliet, when after so many days of going behind her, Resool finally says to Anna that he loves her, the camera just moves forward with Anna, her emotions in the face, and her despairs of her heart stuck by poverty and social dilemnas to proceed for the love! This scene is an example of a classic, real, down to earth proposal in Malayalam cinema.